Thursday, July 31, 2008

Costco

I made an interesting discovery today while researching moving supplies for Carol. Costco, the go-to place when you want a year's worth of toilet paper or a pickle jar large enough to hold an elephant fetus, is also your source for the afterlife: that's right, they sell caskets and urns. I'm not sure if you can just throw one in the cart along with your oversized box of dishwashing detergent, but they have a section on their website devoted exclusively to funeral goods. Don't worry, you don't need to buy these in bulk.

In other news, I'm baking a pecan pie right now. Someone left a big bag of pecans in the refrigerator in the apartment, so I snagged them when we cleaned it out. I have enough left for another pie, which is convenient because they only sell frozen pie crusts in packs of two. Mmm... pie.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Pecan pie -- twice in one week! You and Mollye are the bright spots of my life.

You are bringing the pie to the island, right?

Right? Please?

Helen said...

This pie will probably stay here, but I have all the fixings to make a second and it has your name on it!