Saturday, August 2, 2008

Anniversary

David and I celebrated one year since our first date with dinner and a movie. We went to Il Fornaio (really good) then saw Stepbrothers (really funny). I recommend both the restaurant and the film. I especially recommend the film. I expecting a mediocre comedy like "Semi-Pro" or another one of Will Ferrell's recent pictures, but this one is hilarious. There are some classic scenes that will have me cracking up for weeks. I don't want to spoil it for you though. Afterwards, we went over to Chris' apartment to celebrate his birthday, since we didn't end up doing that on Thursday. I brought the pie. It was more syrupy than I would have liked (I prefer my pecan pies on the gooey and gelatinous side), but it tasted pretty good, and I guess that's what matters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not enough egg. I had that happen several times before I figured it out. The Karo syrup recipe is the best I have found. I like to sub the white sugar for brown. It makes it more caramely.

Helen said...

Good advice! I'll try that next time- caramely pecan pies are the best. Have you tried corn starch as a thickener?