Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blast from the Past

Here's a little anecdote for the secretary's cocktail party: I was photocopying today and the CRAZIEST thing happened. The first 15 sets of 3 documents turned out fine but the 16th set was BLANK! I panicked, thinking that the toner had run out. But, when I checked the information panel, the toner light was not on. Just as I was about to open the machine and ruin my crisp white blouse just to make sure, it dawned on me: I PUT THE PAPER IN THE FEEDER UPSIDE DOWN! What an idiot I felt like! Har har har. How rich.

My friend Diana from college was in town yesterday, the first in a 3-week blitz of visitors. She is doing a whirlwind West Coast tour and JUST HAD to see Seattle and catch up- it had been positively AGES since we last spoke! I got caught up on the post-Bates gossip: who's penning a thinly-veiled autobiographical novel (which hardly compares to her current dystopic writing project), who was accepted to grad school at Brown, who is living the posh life in Brooklyn and just LOVING it, blah blah. We went to a FABULOUS Indian/Nepalese/Thai fusion joint for dinner (which managed to accommodate my aversion to meat and dairy, David's carnivorism, and Diana's allergy to everything under the sun), then explored the city by foot, because after all, that IS the best way to get to know a new place. The Market was closed, but we saw the public art at Olympic Sculpture Garden and the taxidermied freaks at Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and a whole lot more of the city because I got us lost. It was fun. Next comes Jessica, then my brother, who instructed me "prepare thy liver!"

Somaly sent me a card and a bottle of nailpolish today. I really miss her.

No comments: