Sunday, March 29, 2009

Classes

I am now a full-time student: since my program let me matriculate early, I registered to take 2 courses at 5 credits each. One is on podcasting as a marketing tool, and the other is called "Social Production and Distribution of Digital Content." Classes start this week, Tuesday and Thursday from 6-10 PM. I'm nervous for many reasons: will I be able to pay attention to a single subject for 4 hours? Will I be alert in the evening, especially once I have a job and am working 8 hours a day? Will I be able to adjust to the rigor of graduate-level education? Fortunately, since my internship ends this week, I will have a lot of time to read and concentrate on my studies while looking for a job.

This week is going to be intense: Taste Washington is this coming weekend, and it's a big deal. At $85 a ticket, it attracts a high-end clientele and everything needs to be perfect. So, I work Monday through Thursday in the office (only 6 hours each day, not too bad), then Friday and Saturday setting up, then a scheduled 14 hours on Sunday to run the event. Plus my first week of classes on top of that! Fortunately, I am being paid extra for working at Taste WA. Sweet.

Ooh, in exciting news: we're hopefully going to be moving to a new apartment! It's just right across the street from our current one. We saw it yesterday afternoon and turned in the application this morning. It's bigger, cheaper, and actually has separate rooms with doors, so when I want to wake up early on a Saturday afternoon and make oatmeal, I won't wake David up. Other than that, we went to the Green Festival at the WA State Convention Center today, and I made some enchiladas for dinner. We also watched "Return of the Jedi".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had enchiladas too. Ours were Pork and black bean. What do you put in yours?
Its great you found another place that will better suit your needs.
Good luck with your classes. I can't imagine how much work is involved in a class that requires 8 hours a week.