Thursday, March 26, 2009

Craft Beer

There are a few simple pleasures in life, among them blogging and beer. And now I'm blogging about beer. I answered a posting on Craigslist looking for people in Seattle wanting to write about certain topics for a website, Examiner.com. I have a lot of free time on my hands, so I applied to be their vegan/vegetarian examiner. However, the position was full, but they asked if there were any other openings I would consider. I wrote back with a list based on openings on the website (craft examiner, knitting examiner, beer examiner) and somehow they decided I was qualified to write 2-3 articles a week on microbrews as their Craft Beers examiner. Am I really qualified to write about beer? Well, I like a good beer. I don't drink a whole lot of beer, but when I do I enjoy drinking quality, locally-brewed craft beer, so I guess this makes me a good candidate. I have a lot to learn; I am almost ashamed by how much I don't really know about beer. However, I like writing, and feel that this is a good way to get some tangible experience in this area. So, you can check out my work here: www.examiner.com/x-5933-Seattle-Craft-Beer-Examiner

And please give me any suggestions, comments or beer recommendations.

Don't worry, I still enjoy Bud Light with Lime.

No comments: