Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Monday

I woke up a little later than I planned, around 8:30; last night's snow seeped through our window and made dripping noises at 5 am, and we had trouble getting back to sleep after that. I applied for a couple of jobs to satisfy my unemployment requirements. My strategy this month is to only apply for jobs that I am qualified for but I know I won't get, like off of Monster or Craigslist where the competition is huge: I need to be "willing and able to start full-time work immediately," but I'd rather not end my internship unless a really juicy opportunity came along. I know it's kind of cheating the system, but writing cover letters is still good practice, so I justify it as that.

Other than that, I went to the bank, went to the store (the Safeway on 15th has a Wells Fargo branch in the store: two birds with one stone), read David's essay, talked to my mom for almost an hour, did a bunch of dishes (how do they add up so fast?!), washed two loads of laundry, biked at the gym for an hour, baked half a batch of cookies (I wanted to thank David for printing off my portfolio but we don't need a whole batch floating around), cooked dinner (broccoli and beef/black beans), and watched a couple episodes of "30 Rock" with David and one of "Big Love" by myself.

"Big Love" is kind of an interesting show so far: it's about modern-day Mormon polygamists. I've only watched one episode, so I can't really judge yet. I'm not completely taken in by what I've seen, though it has the potential to get interesting: catfights! I can say with absolute certainty that polygamy is not for me.

No comments: