Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday the 13th

The CEO sent out a memo today announcing that the firm will cut 10% of jobs company-wide by next Thursday. Carol and Dave are hoping that our branch will not be affected, since we've already laid off two employees and lost another 1.5 (Michael and me), but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how to handle this. I'm wondering if this is my opportunity to quit outright; the past two nights I've come home in tears, and I don't know if it's worth staying even though I need the money. I don't want to be unemployed, but I don't want to deprive someone else of a job that they do like. Plus, I'm going to actively start looking for a new job when my internship ends. Might as well just do quit now. The only thing stopping me is the worry that I will not find something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know things are kind of sticky right now but the simple truth is your income per hour is not that high and there are a ton of jobs out there for someone who is willing to work for those wages. There always will be. Dont worry about doing what is right. It always pays off in the end!! At least it always has for us. We will help as we can.. Rene and Dan

Unknown said...

Your concerns are legit. Don't make yourself miserable. Unfortunately your in a situation of picking financial security over personal satisfaction and happiness. I don't envy you at all.
I don't agree that there are tons of jobs out there. Maybe if you wanted to work at Burgerking, or the 7-11. Your smart. You will figure out what to do.