Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!


Today was my first snow day ever. We had much worse storms in Maine and Boston, but they were either on the weekend or the administration held out until it was almost quitting time before they released us. I was really excited when I looked out the window and saw how much is was snowing. It's not even that much snow, but it was more than the city can handle; it's just a mile from our house to my work, but going down the steep hill on the bus is dangerous.

We arrived at the bus stop a little earlier than scheduled because we knew things would be slow. The bus didn't come; other buses we stopped halfway up the hill with their hazards on. So, we went back to the apartment to call our respective bosses. Carol told me to stay home, but Gary was nearby so he swung by and picked David up.


So, David had to work and I got the day off. I was sorry that he didn't get to relax with me but was grateful to have the time away from the office; I didn't sleep very well last night because I was worried about my future after the internship, finding a part-time job, and giving my notice. I was nervous about having "the talk" with Carol on such sleep deprivation, so this was a lucky break.

I decided to be productive instead
of just sleeping all morning: I cleaned the kitchen a little, made some Christmas cards, knit for a bit, went to the noon spin class at the gym, made a nice lunch, did some laundry, baked some cookies because I was really craving gingerbread.

Tonight we're staying in because it's just too freakin' cold outside and our apartment is warm and comfortable. David is playing a new computer game, and I'm trying to finish at least one of the crafts projects I started today. Later we're going to watch a movie.

1 comment: