Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sweet.

It was bound to happen sooner or later that I meet one of the Bates people in Seattle. I wore my college sweatshirt to the gym, and as I'm standing at the magazine rack I hear behind me, "did you go to Bates? In Maine?" We chatted for a little while. It was a little awkward but the girl was really nice. I'm going to try to go back to the gym at the same time next week so I can build a friendship.

Speaking of building friendships, I had dinner with Lindsey tonight at Six Arms, a bar/restaurant that I had been wanting to go to for a while. It's across from the art store, so I walk by it every once in a while. The atmosphere was fun and we sat on a comfy couch and chair in the back; I love it when restaurants have living room furniture instead of the usual restaurant stuff. She got burrito that probably weighed as much as she does (she's petite) and I just got a salad because I went a little crazy with the post-gym snacking and wasn't too hungry. She just started a program at UW, so we talked about that, Halloween, the election, etc.

Oh yeah, the election! Awesome. It was like a really good Christmas where Santa brings you everything you want: every person and issue I voted for was elected or passed except for one (won't say which one because voting against it probably makes me a bad person), but I didn't really care about that issue too much anyhow. Living in Seattle is great because everyone thinks like me. We went over to Chris and Kristen's apartment for a couple of drinks and a good time. Chris made hummus. It's funny to be watching an election on the West Coast, especially one so decisive: about 2 minutes after West Coast polls closed, they called it. I was up until almost 2 in '04 (I was in Maine and it was a closer election) and so I was gearing up for a late night. The honking and fireworks and people making out on Broadway street corners went on for quite some time though, long after we got home.

No comments: