Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SAM

This afternoon was the Seattle Art Museum's annual Members Meeting, as well as a members-only preview of the Edward Hopper exhibit that opens tomorrow. My mom gave us a membership, so I figured we should go; we're probably the youngest members by about 50 years.

The meeting started at 3:30, so I booked it downtown after work. The first part of the meeting was pretty basic: talking about the events of the past year, budget, electing trustees, Q&A, etc. Then, the lady who curated the Hopper exhibit talked for a while. I met David in the lobby after the meeting concluded, and we went upstairs to view the show, after checking my coat and deciding that the line for beverages and light snack foods in the post-meeting reception was too long. The exhibit was small, but included many of his famous works. I really like Hopper, so it was neat to see these paintings again: most of them were in the the Hopper Retrospective at the MFA in Boston, which was pretty sweet. This isn't as impressive, but it's still nice. We walked through the rest of the Museum too. I like it a lot.


Other things I did today: got my teeth cleaned, unsuccessfully tried to convert Carol to chard, covered the Boise office's phone lines, tried my new favorite flavor of Clif Bar (maple nut), went out to Mexican food for dinner, worked on my grad-school admissions essay, was suckled by the Cobra. It was a pretty satisfying day: I had stuff to do at work (thanks, Boise office!), and better yet, I was only there for 5.5 hours (thanks, dentist!).

No comments: