Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boo

I just got a call from Seattle Central that my InDesign class has been canceled. They are going to give me a refund, but I'm pretty bummed: I really need those skills to be a viable candidate for even the most basic entry-level graphic design job. Knowing InDesign might even help make my current job better, since the firm overall has a strong graphics department but the Seattle office does not. The Illustrator class is still on, so that's at least a start.

On a positive note, I got an email from one of the jobs I applied for last week asking when would be a good time for a phone interview. Plus, I found another job opening that I would be perfect for: someone with workshop leading/planning experience and a background in International Studies, so I am looking forward to writing that cover letter tonight. I am trying to be optimistic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I hope something pans out for you soon.