Saturday, October 4, 2008

GRE

After months of preparation, I finally took the GRE. It's done on the computer now, which threw me for a loop; even though they send test prep software to help you adjust to this format, it's all formatted for PCs, so I couldn't use it on my Mac. The computer has its pros and cons. There's really just one con, but it's a big one: you can't go back to check your answers on the multiple-choice sections once you're done or skip over any tough questions and return to them at the end, so the answer you submit is the final answer, which is really irritating. What's nice is that you get to type the two essays instead of writing them out by hand, which I think helped; I feel really good about those sections. They show you your results immediately after you're done (another benefit of the computer) and I did ok: not as well as I would have liked, but not too bad either. My results are good enough for most schools, so I'm satisfied. It's not like I want to go to Harvard or anything. I'm just hoping that I did really well on the writing section; you get that score later because it is graded by actual human beings. Mostly I'm just glad it's over, and if I think I need to raise my score, I can always take it again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you did well!

Rene said...

Congratulations sweetie,
I am sure you did great. Now it is over and you can relax for a little while. Take care.

Unknown said...

thanks to both of you!