Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good Day

Today was the best day I've had at my job yet. It was so good that I almost didn't want to leave at 3 (the 6.5 hour days have begun). We are going to be mailing postcards advertising the firm to high-end salons in the Seattle and Portland metro areas, and it's more cost-effecting to design the layout in-house. The architects are all busy enough that Carol didn't want to give them something fun when they may have other work, so I volunteered to give it a shot, thinking that she would veto my suggestion. She didn't, so I spent all day pretending to be a graphic designer. It was awesome.

Something else that's awesome: 32-hour weeks. Yeah, I'm a little worried about my finances, but there are plenty of extra expenses that I can easily cut. Plus, I was earning less in Boston and paying more for rent and I survived, so I should be fine. The extra time and mental stability makes up for it.

No comments: