Saturday, September 27, 2008

Busy

I guess I should write an update; the past few weeks have been busy. Last weekend, we went to the island to celebrate David's Dad's 50th birthday. It was a huge event, with family members coming in from all over Washington and even Idaho. David's grandpa had some crazy stories. Mollye organized a great party. Fun was had by all. On Monday, I had my first of 5 monoprinting classes. All we really did was experiment with paper and the press, but it was really fun. My parents got into town on Wednesday, and I spent all of Tuesday preparing for them. We've pretty much just been hanging out since their arrivial- I took Thursday and Friday off of work. We went to the SAM, went to the Market, rode the monorail, shopped a little at Nordstrom Rack, went to QFC so that I can prove to my mom that I have somewhere nearby to buy groceries and am not living off of potato peels like her sister supposedly did once, watched the debates, had dinner with my cousin, went to a few bars since my parents are drinking again, rented a car and drove to Tacoma and saw the Museum of Glass, spent about 10 minutes in the Museum of Flight before it closed (it was Smithsonian Free Museum Day so both were free), ate a bunch of food, walked a bunch. I've even managed to fit in some studying and applied for a few jobs. For some reason I am exhausted so I'm going to go to bed now.

No comments: