Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to the Grind

So, my folks are home; my mom left her glasses in the hotel but I picked them up after work. We had a nice last day together: went over to Whidbey to show them the coffeeshop and meet Rene, had lunch at Ivar's, then drove to Snohomish to look at antiques. Fortunately there was a classic car show going on too, so my dad went crazy with the camera. If there's two things he loves, it's new technology and old cars. Then we drove back and had dinner at the Korean restaurant by my work, then back to the apartment and said goodbye.

I was extra bitter about returning to work this morning after my time off. My favorite Whole Foods checker barely acknowledged me: he must have forgotten about me in my absence. Since the bus gets me in about 25 minutes earlier than I need to be, I kill time in Whole Foods pretty much every day before work. I usually buy fruit for lunch; since I'm picky about what I eat, I like picking out the perfect piece of fruit every morning. Crunchy fruits are my favorite: there is nothing worse than a mushy, squishy piece of fruit. Peaches and Nectarines are great, but if you buy them ahead of time they too soft by the next day. Apples stay crunchy for a long time, so those I buy in bulk. I'm probably a little too excited that it's apple season.

No comments: