Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meh

I didn't get the job, so I'm kinda bummed, but I did have the opportunity to speak with Carol yesterday about my slooow workload when literally everyone else in the office was in a meeting at a client's. Today, I followed up by asking (in an email) if I could work a little less, 32-35 hours a week. She forwarded it to Dave. He told me to ask someone in HR. I haven't heard back from them. I did find out from HR though that my insurance will cover most of my claim, but I am still stuck with a pretty hefty bill, so that has me a feeling little down.

In good news, the shoes I ordered a few weeks ago arrived today for the second time; the first size was too small, but these are just right. I splurged to buy an eco-friendly pair of shoes, and they are worth the money and the wait. I love them! The outside is hemp, with a piece of bamboo inserted to elevate the heel slightly, and the button closing the strap is made of coconut shell. They have a bumpy, cushy foot pad and are lined with a soft felt. With winter coming, they will be perfect with a warm pair of wool socks, and their rubber sole should be great in the Seattle rain. Since no aspect of consumerism is actually good for the environment, these at least do relatively little damage.

We went to dinner with Lindsey and Steven last night, then saw "Hamlet 2." Both the movie and the food were not very good. I like Lindsey and Steven, but trying to force friendship is a little awkward.

I walked home this evening, talked to David for a bit, made a
Moroccan-influenced stew for dinner, did laundry, and am about to go to the gym. Then to bed. I had wanted to do some arts but there isn't time. Sigh.

No comments: