Thursday, August 7, 2008

arts

I discovered a few new and exciting things today. Coconut yogurt: like regular yogurt, only made of coconut milk instead of regular milk. It has vitamins added to give it a little nutritional value but otherwise it's pretty much a dessert. I tried the raspberry flavor and it wasn't as coconuty as I would have liked but good enough.

The second new and even more exciting discovery is the First Thursday art fair in Pioneer Square. They have craftspeople and artists selling their creations. This one woman had a few really neat linocut prints, which I found inspiring. I went to the art store before the fair and bought some linoleum blocks and knives to carve the wood I took from work, so I'm going to do some arts tonight. I need to clean up a little first...

Work was uneventful as usually, I didn't mind as much today and it went by pretty fast. They've been dangling the carrot of getting more involved in Proposals, which recruit prospective clients, so I'm going to wait and see what that has to offer. Randy the marketing guy is in town, and that gives me hope too. I like doing the marketing mailings, even if they are just stuffing envelopes and looking up addresses, and it pleases me to think that I am at least getting something new to put on my resume.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you with the art stuff. I would love to see what you like to do. I pulled out a bunch of fabric tonight to start something new. I over heard some friends of mine were going to do a silent auction for the breast cancer walk and I figured it would be a good excuse to put something together for them to auction off. I haven't actually asked them about it, and they may not need any thing, but I need a reason to be creative so I am taking it as an opportunity to get my juices flowing.
I hope we get to see you guys soon!