Tuesday, August 5, 2008

BORING.

Carol asked me today if I was bored. I said yes. She said that's the nature of reception and that I'm just too darn fast with what she gives me. Plus, we're slow right now. I took that as an opportunity to stare into space instead of asking for more work. It's not that I didn't try: I had already asked for something to do at 8:30 (I think she thought the task would take all morning), and by 10 I was done. So then I tried to make work. I washed the dirty dishes that people leave in the sink because they're too lazy/self-entitled/still think they're in college to wash them themselves. I watered the bamboo. I cleared off my desk and set everything at a right angle. I updated the firm's address in every single document with an address (since we're moving): letterhead, labels, invoices, fax coversheets, etc. I stared into space. I cleared off the conference room table. I read through a book I cleared off the conference room table. I wikipedia'ed my new favorite architect, Ricardo Bofill, who was the subject matter of the book I cleared off the conference room table. I stared into space. I popped some popcorn. I ate it. I flipped through a design catalog and read every caption. I stared into space. Then, at 4, I caved. I asked Carol for something else to do. I did some filing but left a few juicy morsels for tomorrow morning. I left at 4:59. I ran into David on the bus. I searched for a new job. This has gone on long enough.

No comments: