Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping

Today was an ok day, workwise. It was boring, but I got a good night's sleep and felt well-rested and energized. Plus, I found a starlight mint while cleaning off my boss' desk: score! As as added bonus, it wasn't a mint afterall: it was cherry candy! I need to stop eating random things I find around the office. Today was not a good day, public transportation-wise. I forgot my bus pass, so I walked, then had to wait for a second bus on the way home because my usual was full. However, I made it to each destination ok so no harm done.

Maybe another reason I felt positive at work was because I had an interesting weekend. We went camping with Chris and Kristin at Tinkham Campground, about 40 miles outside of Seattle on the Snoqualmie River. It was nice to get out of town and into nature. Umm... "nature." The rushing noise we heard from our campsite could have been the river or the highway, no one is really sure. David got in touch with the wilderness by making a stone tool to rip open the tent, since the QFC checker left it on. QFC sells everything. He also impressed me with his foraging skills by picking me a berry, and again with his fire-making abilities using a lighter and a paper towel. Chris brought some good food and a little stove, and we roasted and grilled. There was some Franzia involved too. Thanks to some 30% DEET bug spray, I only walked away with one mosquito bite, and I killed at least two of them, so I win. Despite the slight chill in the air and the people ignoring the "no shooting" signs, I slept like one of the rocks I was lying on. All in all: a good time. Two thumbs up.

No comments: