Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happiness is...

It's been so nice not working these past few weeks; I can't remember the last time I was this content. I've been keeping busy, but I do things on my own schedule. The problem with work is that even if you don't have anything to do, you're still stuck there until quitting time. Now, if one project ends I can just start another or go for a walk or something. No meetings in overly-air conditioned rooms that don't really lead to anything except for another meeting: I make the decisions.

I'm trying to savor this happiness while it lasts; I'm not strapped for cash at the moment, but after a few rent payments I'm going to feel the need to start earning money again. However, this period has given me some insight into the direction I want to take with my life: self-employment.

No comments: