Thursday, February 5, 2009

Portland planning

We had a meeting today to discuss the Portland Golf Show, which is next week! I'm excited. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think it will be fun and a good chance to get to know the people I am working with for the next two months. Seems like of like a waste of bonding, but any social interaction is good: I've been really feeling the lack of friends lately. I'm a little worried about food, since all of our meals are covered by this group of greasy, meaty, cheesy restaurants; Katie had me print off all of their menus one day and I was not impressed. I am going to be living off of salad and Clif bars.

I get to ride down there with this guy named John. Originally, it was going to be me, John and two others, but for some reason it's now just him and me. He seems like a really nice guy (and I assured David that he is both unattractive and married) but it's going to be awkward, since it means we have to make conversation for 3 hours. Plus, I can't take a nap in the car like I had planned, which I would really like to do considering we are leaving at 7, getting there at 11 and then working until 8. Ok, I could nap, but that would be more awkward than awkward conversation. I'm going to ask John what kind of music he likes so I can bring some to fill the silences.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could always bring a book.

Anonymous said...

You can't read a book and just let him drive. That would hurt his feelings! I'm sure you can find something to talk about.