Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sick Day II

I just talked with a man doing a background check on one of my college roommates; apparently she's trying to get a security clearance. Some of the questions are ridiculous: "have you ever known this person to be involved in an organization planning on overthrowing the U.S. government?" Umm, no. I can see how it is important for the sake of national security that people working with confidential documents are not terrorists, but if they are, you probably aren't going to get an honest answer out of their friends. The interviewer also seemed concerned when I told him that she socialized with people other countries.

I had my first Illustrator class last night. Illustrator is a really neat program- I'm really excited to be taking this class. I have to miss next week because we're going to California, but the instructor said she would send me what we're going to be working on so I can practice on my own.

I took another sick day today; it's just a little cold but I'm not feeling so hot. I want to take tomorrow off too, but am not sure if that's a good idea. I don't have anything to do, but I don't want my boss to think that I'm not a good worker. Still, I just don't feel like dragging my body into the office and pretending to work when I could be on the couch sleeping. I'll have to see how my voice sounds; if I sound sick I'll stay home, because I don't want to answer the phone with a croak.

No comments: