Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Last night was fun. A little too fun maybe: after eating junk food and sleeping all day, I am finally feeling well enough to sit on the couch and watch David play GTA. But last night was fun. We went as Eurotrash. David shaved his beard into a stylish goatee and gelled his hair into a sweet fauxhawk. I wore my purple sweater dress and red beret. Capitol Hill on Halloween is crazy: people dress up so much in real life that they have to put in extra effort on Halloween. We got dinner and a couple of drinks (aka, taking Subway to a bar that lets you bring your own food) before meeting up with Chris, Kristen and Casey and going over to Hart's apartment, which was pretty far away but fortunately all on the same bus. Hart lives in an artist's colony, and most of the partygoers may have been artists, ie, kinda weird. Shane showed up around 11, and drove us downtown. We went to Shorty's, where I thought about getting a veggie dog but instead went for a bloody Mary. Probably a bad decision: I think that Bloody Mary is the reason I'm hurting. We walked home from there, maybe a mile and a half. I think I'm about ready to get off the couch and get on with my life. Not sure if the gym is a good idea, but I feel the urge to tone and atone.

No comments: