Thursday, October 23, 2008

RANT.

If you're tired of my rants about how much I hate my job, you might want to avoid this posting, because it's another rant. Look away now. Ok, don't say I didn't warn you. I've done nothing at work all week. Carol was out of town until today, Dave was out of town until yesterday, and other than the office move (aka, Helen packs everything) I had nothing on my plate. I wasn't really sure what to start putting in boxes. I already finished the library and some of the Interior Design stuff, and other than that we're going to be using everything right up until the wire. I talked with Carol this morning, and she implied that I should start just putting things in boxes since the move is coming up in a couple of weeks. Finally! Something to do other than look at shoes online. So, I packed up most of the supply cabinet, leaving just enough stuff to get us through the next week and a half. After I finished with that, she told me that the move will actually happen at the end of November, not the beginning. When I first started working there, we were going to move in August. Then September. Then October. Then early November. Now "it's more likely to be closer to Thanksgiving." So, odds are that we are going to be digging out of my carefully packed boxes. Whatever, it's something to do: pack and repack. I am just going to pack up the rest of the office the same way I packed to move to Seattle: throw a bunch of crap in a box, hope it doesn't break, and sort it out when it gets there.

On a brighter note, I got a haircut today and David made dinner, which was really good: mushroom ravioli and steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

Ms.Green said...

Packing and unpacking...sounds like a good way to burn fat LOL.I'm sure the haircut is really nice I can see it right now and please do rant away! I love 'em LOL

-Nikki

P.S. What's wrong with looking at shoes online? Then you can just sit there and imagine buying them...