Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another one gone?

I think someone got fired/laid off today. I heard her and the bosses in the in the conference room talking with someone on speaker phone about "severance pay" and "unused vacation time". When I left at three, her computer was off, her desk was clean, and she was in the parking lot talking to Dave through her driver's side window looking flustered. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see what really happened. She was on my list of "people who will be let go before I will". I'm next on the list, but they need me until at least the middle of November, because who else in the office is going to pack all of our crap? Certainly not the designers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet you have some mixed feelings about it too! For the sake of your livelyhood I hope you don't lose your job. Have you been there 6 months yet. If you can make it that far atleast you will get unemployment.