Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Break

I'm still alive (knock on wood) and managed to survive a challenging quarter. It actually ended more than a week ago, but I've been in recovery mode. It's nice to have some time to relax- I'm still working 20 hours a week, but without classes, reading and the two heinous group projects assigned by both courses (one that came with frequent marathon meetings) I'm feeling a lot freer.

I haven't really done anything I promised myself I would do. The apartment is only marginally cleaner, the scarf I promised David for Christmas last year is still not finished, I haven't done any art or cracked open any books. I have a blog post for my program's blog due on the 27th and have only today begun emailing people for quotes- really bad timing. I supposed I should focus on what I have done though: I've baked some good cookies, cooked some good food, completed my Christmas shopping, done a fair amount of work on David's scarf, rejoined the gym and started to get back in shape, and come to the somewhat difficult conclusion to stop writing my Examiner beer column because I don't have the time or the money to drink and review all that beer. Oooh, and I just bought (well, my parents just bought me) a new camera: I found a great deal on a digital SLR. I've been writing weekly blog posts for work, and my 5 year old point-and-shoot isn't cutting it. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so prepare for tons of pictures of the Cobra.

No comments: