Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Unemployment, Day 2

Day two of my unemployment was also productive. I:
1) scanned my artwork for my portfolio
2) applied for a couple of jobs and found another to apply for tomorrow
3) fixed my cello: I put it off for 8 months and it took about 10 minutes to fix
4) went to a spin class
5) went to the post office to mail thank-you's to Cait and Len for writing rec's
6) went to the bank: I received a couple of checks covering my last week of work, unused vacation and my 401K and didn't want them just hanging out in my wallet
7) went to Value Village. Bought a nice white button-down shirt.
8) went to my Dreamweaver class

My insurance information came in today; it hadn't arrived yet when I talked to my mom on my way to the gym and we got into a little argument. She told me, "You shouldn't even be going to the gym without insurance!" I promised I would call them when I got back. When I got back, the confirmation letter was in the mailbox, so that saved me from dealing with the bureaucracy. I feel bad that I was fighting with her: she fractured her foot yesterday and is pretty bummed about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is your mother waiting for something horrible to happen to you?
Would you be better off sitting on your couch and getting fat, or walking on the sidewalk where you could get mugged or trip?
It just seems really negative. Or maybe she was just upset about her foot.

Helen said...

She's a little crazy, and also really upset about her foot. She's turning 60 in March and is bummed about getting old, so this foot incident has her pretty down. She feels like she's falling apart and is afraid that I am going to do the same.