Sunday, October 26, 2008

Carbo-loading

It was sweet: because I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow, I can't eat any solid foods after 2 PM, so I crammed a day's worth of calories into breakfast and lunch. Plus, since you can't ingest anything with fiber, you practically are forced to eat junk. I made chocolate-chip pancakes (actually carob-chip, because QFC doesn't sell chocolate chips in the bulk bin) for breakfast and a big bowl of pasta for lunch. The pancakes were really good, but I felt a little gross afterwards- I'm a snacker, not a large meal eater. Next comes the crappy part though (ooh, poor word choice), and being a snacker, I don't like going more than a few hours without nibbling. I'm not even hungry, but I really want something to munch on right now. Maybe this experience will show me that I don't need to constantly snack and will change my relationship with food for the better. Or maybe I'll just be really hungry and irritable until tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You didn't have to drink a large amount of a detestable beverage too? My mother almost couldn't keep it down. It was difficult just to watch.

Helen said...

I just finished that part... gross. I chased each glass of the stuff with a couple spoonfuls of maple syrup to get the rancid taste out of my mouth.