Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Cobra



I am frustrated with The Cobra. As I write this, she has suctioned her mouth to the armpit of my fleece and is kneading my chest while purring. As soon as I get home she tries to suckle. If I sit on the couch to eat a snack, she suckles. If I sit on the floor and try to work on some art at the coffeetable, she suckles. She can get really aggressive with this behavior; sometimes she will stick her entire head and the upper part of her body into the sleeve of my jacket (it's cold in here so I wear it constantly) and just go to town, leaving a huge wet spot. Once she is done she usually curls up and rests, which is pretty cute. However, it's annoying me because 1) it's gross 2) it hurts 3) it ruins my clothes 4) I can't do anything to make her stop! I push her away and she comes back. I yell "LEAVE ME ALONE, COBRA!!!" but it is no use. I know she doesn't understand English, but I hope she would at least understand angry. Nope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Put her in a cage while you finish your projects?

Rene said...

Take a blanket and cover your bod, including the jacket. let her suckle the blanket. She is showing you she trusts and likes you and you represent comfort and "mom" to her. This is good considering your cat is psychotic. :), Good luck. Our cat crawls up around our neck and kneeds our hair. then drools all down our back.