Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday

I had a productive morning and a fun afternoon, and am now enjoying a relaxing evening. I woke up around 7:30 and did GRE math problems for about an hour. I'd been talking about doing a spinning class at the gym, and since I was awake, I figured I'd give the 9 am class a shot. Spinning is such a girlie activity, but it was a great workout and after an hour everyone was sweating rivers. I'm considering making it a regular activity.

David and I hung out for a bit; we listened to Obama's acceptance speech on YouTube. He's a great speaker with great ambitions and has my vote. To be fair, he could be a crappy speaker with no goals for the future but as long as the Republicans are throwing pro-life evangelical beauty queens at me I would take anything else.

We hopped on the 3 pm ferry to the island and Dan picked us up at the dock in their new Kia. David played with Chet while Dan and Mollye figured out what to do with all the little yellow plums they have growing in their yard. They concluded that plum pudding was the way to go, so while the menfolk went to the coffee shop to see a long-lost uncle, the ladies concocted a pudding. It was pretty delicious, though more of a cobbler than a pudding, but "plum cobbler" just doesn't have the same ring. Mollye and Dan fed us a nice dinner, and we ate the pudding/cobbler for dessert. I am amazed at how fast little kids change; Lela is walking, and when we were there two weeks ago she was not.

David set up our internet when we got home, and we're projecting Today's Big Fail on the wall. The Drag Show at Julia's is in the Dolly Parton portion of the evening, meaning it's almost over. Time to go to bed.

No comments: