Monday, April 28, 2008

Ode to Trader Joe's

Something that makes me irrationally happy: The black bean burger wrap at Trader Joe's. It's a chopped-up black bean burger patty, spinach, corn, and zesty salsa spread all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. I was reluctant to try it at first because it's not very big, but once I picked one up and felt its heft, I decided to give it a shot. Boy, am I ever glad that I did. It's chewy, delicious, and very filling. Over the weekend, I had the genius idea to heat it up. I nuked it for a minute, put it on the Foreman for a few minutes more, and enjoyed what can only be described as a grilled taste sensation. I bought one for dinner tonight, and am looking forward to going home and doing it again. I've got a Trader Joe's by my work, a Trader Joe's by my apartment, and if Mapquest isn't lying, a Trader Joe's by my Seattle place as well, so I foresee plenty more black bean perfection in my future.

No comments: